I am doing a Web Identity Audit on my business. My core philosophy is that every business needs a consistent & compelling web presence as a home base. They need an attractive & cohesive foundation to build upon before they even start with online, email and traditional marketing. You must have a hub that gets your main point across and connects with all your other platforms. This is what I do. I make beautiful & functional websites. On top of that anywhere you are representing your business – social media, email newsletters, print marketing – should tie in with your look & give the same “feel” to your clients.
In part one of the audit series I will be tweaking my Instagram profile. I’m starting with this one since it’s one of the less intimidating networks.
I recently updated my website & changed the logo pretty much completely. With this series I will be working through all my social profiles to make sure they coordinate & are being used effectively. I’ll be making changes to mine as well as sharing any tips I come across that may help you with your business.
I’m realizing that I haven’t been properly leveraging this social platform to the best of my ability. I have always meant to post photos of ideas in development, teasers of upcoming projects & launches, but now I realize that my feed is mostly used for books I’ve read, manicure shots & outfit pics. Ugh! I need to start paying a bit more attention & post something each day that relates to my business, even if it’s just my office friends, human or furry.
Instagram is great for giving clients a sneak peek “behind the scenes” of your business. This list of 10 simple tips on how to use Instagram for business is a great place to start. A few of the ones I plan to utilize:
- Show your products – I can show final websites on launch day.
- Show the process of how your products are made – I can show monitor shots while I’m working on projects, maybe tightly cropped shots since I don’t want to give it all away though.
- Go behind the scenes – Photos of events I attend, meetings I am involved in.
- Show your office – my office, like myInstagram, is in need of a makeover. Note to self: maybe an upcoming blog post?
- Introduce your employees – I don’t have employees but I like the idea of Instagramming office mates hard at work.
- Share the cuteness – my four legged children! my cute new bunny eared iphone case!
This shop found a way to actually SELL over Instagram. Do you have products that this would work for?
What I did:
- Updated my logo
- Added to my bio section
- Took a couple photos to start me off & running
It’s not there yet but it’s looking so much better! Thinking of pics to promote the business is a fun challenge every day. Click on over there & see what I think of for today’s pic!