Set up a blog on your website.
If you have one already go for extra credit & write a post!
Why do I need a blog?
- Writing establishes you as an expert in your field.
- Your expertise can help your clients.
- It humanizes you & your business – tell your story, let your clients know you. It’s a little less personal than showing them photos of the grandkids, but you get the idea!
- Search engines LOVE fresh, new content. It tells Google that your site is alive & current & (possibly) interesting!
How do I set up a blog?
The nuts & bolts of setting up a blog can be a little much for the average user. If you feel confident, dive in & do it! If you want help feel free to touch base with me. If you have a newer site, I can probably turn one on for you somewhat quickly. If you are on an older site we should probably be talking re-design anyway to get you current.
[av_notification title=’Tip’ color=’silver’ border=’solid’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=’large’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Start cultivating the mind-set to of sharing. As you move through life (online & off), start to be aware of things you might like to write about. Did you read an interesting article? Would others find it interesting as well? Make a note. We’ll come back to it later.
But it sounds like so much work!
Don’t panic! Right now we are laying the foundation to make all these pieces fit seamlessly together & make your online life run as smoothly as possible. This step is just getting the blog set up. We’ll grow into the actual blogging after a while.
To Sum Up:
- Get a blog set up on your website.
- Start paying attention to things you might want to share.
See you in a couple weeks, when we move on to another bite! In the meantime, contact me if you have questions.