Which Social Platforms Will Work Best For Your Business?
Let’s decide on just one for now. What are our options?
The most popular social sites:
- Facebook – The most popular one, everyone seems to be on it, lots of competition, can use mix of content – video, image, text, expect to post 1-2 times per day
- Google+ – Has large user base, can positively effect your SEO, not sure who all is active on it, post 3-6 times per day, multimedia friendly
- Twitter – Tech savvy users, thrives on constant stream of content – expect to post 3-6 times per day, best for quick, witty tips/observations, uses hashtags
- Instagram – Good site for photography or other image driven businesses – design, tattoo, products, etc…, young/hip users, post once or twice a day,
- LinkedIn – Good for B2B businesses, expect to post 1 time per day on weekdays, can share longer content, lots of professionals on this one
- Pinterest – Expect to post 3-6 times per day, images are important, infographics do well here too, demographics = a lot of women, food/DIY does really well
- YouTube – Best for businesses that would promote well with video
[av_notification title=’Tip’ color=’silver’ border=’solid’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=’large’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Pssst: Once we have that one social platform under control we’ll add in some automation so we can re-use our content easily on others.
Things to consider
- Who has the most users & active users? See a breakdown here.
- Which networks can users not live without. Info about Brand Dependence here.
- Who are your customers? Where do they hang out? Breakdowns on demographics here.
- What type of social network will suit your business content the best? Video, business-focused, image-based, all-in-ones?
- Pick one social media platform to start with.
- Choose the one that fits your business best based on: demographics, type of content shared, even your own convenience – let’s be real here: if it’s not convenient we probably won’t keep up with it.
Since I’m already consistently active on Facebook, for this exercise I’ll be focusing on Instagram – I need to use it for sneak peeks & design stuff geared toward my biz more often. Another plus – Insta isn’t overwhelming 😉
I would love to know which social site you have chosen!
Drop me a note on my Facebook page.
See you in a couple weeks, when we take another bite! In the meantime, contact me if you have questions.